Monday, January 20, 2014

The Leaf of Life...

I came into this world fragile and innocent
Looking for water and sunshine to grow.

I blossomed into a beautiful green leaf,
fresh and vibrant, 
enthusiasm that made me glow.

Dancing in the wind, playing in the rain
Life was fun there was no pain.

Then one day, a gush of air...
Departed from the branch and I was blown.
With so much glee, I gently floated without sound
I traveled far, I traveled slow 
Before I touched the ground so low.

I lay there confident smiling and bold
Ready to take on the world that was beautiful
as I had known.

At times I wildly flew, 
twisting and turning through the air
Exhausted, drop to earth below.

Time flew and so did I until one day I felt huge pain
A feeling so terribly new that drove me insane
Tremendous pressure crippling me down,
Crushed, I lay on the ground.

I just lay there slowly turning brown, each breath was a pain
With each gush of air I tried to reach the branch, my home, but in vain.

As days pass, I fray a little more, it pains a little more
and I learn about life a lot more.

Every time I rise with the wind...my hopes soar high
But gently I fall again without a sound and hopes again defy.

                                                       ~ Shveta Sharma
                                                          19th Jan 2014.

2 comments:

Prasanna alias Pressi said...

Mmmmm....good one...tats how god created d living beings...happy times....ups n downs.... finally getting buried in earth...!!!!!! Sounds strange but truth..:)

Shveta Sharma said...

Thanks Prasanna...yeah that's the irony of life!