Sunday, October 7, 2007

Ultimate benefit of having HOBBIES!


Two days back we had a class for Resume writing in college. We were asked to get a copy of our resumes and one by one the guy asked us to show him the resume and he individually suggested us the changes required to be made in the existing resume.
So after a while came my turn, I very proudly handed my resume to him which according to my classmates was really impressive. He goes through the resume and yes does mention that it is pretty impressive with a few minor changes required. Finally he reached the last section of the resume titled: "HOBBIES AND INTERESTS".... and it takes him a 20 seconds to "recite" the list of my hobbies and interests! (just for the anxious ones the list included: biking,travelling,dancing, blogging, collecting poems, letter writing, meeting new people, listening to music.....).
Finally he looks at me smiles and says " ITS REALLY COOL INFACT GREAT TO HAVE SO MANY HOBBIES AND INTERESTS......THE ONLY TIME THAT YOU' L REALLY NEED THEM FOR A USEFUL PURPOSE WOULD BE AFTER YOUR RETIREMENT WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO!!!"
Gosh! that was so damn cool! He puts his point across asking me to cut short that exhaustive list and at the same time makes me realise.....THE ULTIMATE BENEFIT OF HAVING HOBBIES!!!

4 comments:

Pranav Nakhe said...

I remember ur resume after engineering and it had one complete page of what sports u played and where all u performed. If i am not mistaken u playing Kabaddi at some level was in bold block letters ;)

Shveta Sharma said...

very funny!!! Had i played kabaddi at any level at all dont u think i wud hve used that talent against you!!! Thank god u r still alive n keep being thnkful to god that i do not play kabaddi!!!

Pranav Nakhe said...

then wat was that game... wrestling probably.... :)

Anonymous said...

I think it was boxing...
Mere biceps bhi itne nahi the... :)

- Serendipity