Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Claim to Fame :(

I guess most of you wolud have guessed by now how i managed my claim to fame! Here is the story of "How Shveta Sharma got daring,got crazy and got famous!"....

It was a fine Wednesday morning and I was sitting in class waiting for the economics Prof. whom I just cannot stand but had no choice but be present for "90% Attendence sake". The attendence was taken and as the teacher walked out of the class for a while there was this adrenaline rush within me that urged me to jump out of my class room window as soon as possible. To give you the facts:
Jumping height: 6.5ft from the ground
Time available: 6-10 seconds (includes climbing up d window and jumping down)
Outfit: Traitional Indian Suit and HIGH HEELS

So I rushed towards the window throw my sandals out,climb the chair get on the window grill...all 50 pair of eyes(my classmates) focused at me and very confidently as i jumped out, my foot lost its grip,slipped and while my class mates thought of it as an act of bravery and were all praises...On my odessey to the ground I was prayin to god to help me "ATLEAST LAND SAFELY"....and there I was on the ground landing on my Butts! The cushion that i had helped me in no possible way :(! Had no time to assemble my self well so just ran to my room before I cud get caught. Reached my room and I realised that I had hurt my lower back and tail bone badly :( I could not move.could not sit or even lei on my back for hours after that!

And about me getting famous...the moment i stepped out of room the most unfamiliar faces walk up to me with a smile(trying to hide their laughter) asking me how was I doin!!!And I must tell you that never in my entire stay at SIMS did i ever get so famous for the "GOOD" things done as this stupid and really embarassing incident did to me!
But then me as my usual self was laughing more than others and always with them too at the whole thing. So finally I really don't care about being embarassed anymore coz the brighter side is that after that day people around know who Shveta Sharma is and yeah I ended up knowing a lot more batch mates of mine after this! So allz well that ends well and this was my story of how I finally got famous in college with no effort put in at all!

3 comments:

Pranav Nakhe said...

Can I please get ur Economics Professors name and email - id ;)

Shveta Sharma said...

well that can not be revealed for certain cnfidential reasons :)

Anonymous said...

Wasn't there an earthquake roundabout this time?

- Serendipity