Sunday, March 29, 2020

Craft Cocktails

Moving to San Francisco has been a delight in many ways. One of the most amazing ones being; the introduction to the world of Craft Cocktails.

Being a single woman in SF has been a blessing in disguise as it gave me an opportunity to meet a variety of men which in turn led me to many fascinating bars in the area. Well, there have been many first dates at coffee shops (don’t get me wrong, a great coffee and conversation is any day a much better start) but I have to admit that the ones while sipping a perfectly prepared cocktail have definitely resulted in interesting conversations, laughter and don’t make me too eager to head out if it is not going as well. I’d say clearly, I come out as a more patient person.

Two years later, today, still single, I could direct you to some of the most incredible bars. Benefits of unsuccessful first dates I say. Knowledge and learning is everywhere!

Men like cocktails, I feel are of all kinds:

Classic
Refreshing
Enigmatic
Spunky
Dark
Smooth
Crisp
Exotic
Strong
Intoxicating
Bitter
Sweet
Simple

I have always struggled to rank my favorite "kind" in an order of preference. There are days when a "Refreshing" Mojito would do the trick and then there are days that only an "Exotic" Old-Fashioned would make my day. 

As I continue to enjoy this exploration, I hope one day I am able to find "THE ONE" craft cocktail that fills my heart up with its flavors!


1 comment:

Serendipity said...

Golu!!!!!
Ok, my first instinct was to mansplain my way around your cocktail references, but I will resist that temptation!

If you have been trying to find "The One" for 2 years, I'm sure you have hilarious stories of your first dates. You gotta write more :)