Friday, January 4, 2008

Child Locks...A Parent Trap!!!

Gosh! kids now days are such smart asses!!!A few days back I was travelling to Goa with my uncle and a "small" cousin...who was jus 4 years old. My uncle had borrowed his friend's car and was really glad that the car was equipped with a child lock facility as my cousin is a really notorious boy. While handing over the car keys my uncle's friend explained to him the car locking n unlocking mechanism and during that time my cousin was playing around. So finally we left for Goa and soon after we got into the car again after our first halt in the journey...my uncle got into the car and it wouldnt start at all and after trying all tricks for 5 mins he realised that he needed to unlock the child lock thru the remote and only den would the car start! So he had to get out of the car lock it and then unlock it again...and guess what this happened each time we halted every time new confusion in order to avoid the earlier mistakes.
And the best part about each time this happened was that it was my cousin who would point out what my uncle was doing wrong! He would say "Papa ...aise karo to car start hogi" each time we would get stranded and each time he was right!
So with the kids getting just too techno savvy and smart by the day...I really dont think child locks are gonna make things easy for parents and its rather gonna make their life even more complex and to add to this would be that the parents would finally need the children to unlock themselves from the trap they got locked into!!!

1 comment:

Surjeet Singh said...

Try to become more tech savvy :) Catch up with what these kids are doing... we have been doing or following what is latest, but the real latest is just behind us... i always feel low in only one aspect - i.e. i am very slow at playing video games... and these guys are very fast... one place i could feel vulnerable... :(