Saturday, September 1, 2007

The significance of the word "First"

Have you ever wondered what does the word "First" mean to us? Two days back i was in a conversation with a friend and it was after that conversation that a question arose in my mind " What does "first" mean to me? What all do i recall when i think of "First"? What's the irony about it? How happy does it make me? How upset it can make me?"..etc etc etc..... So finally I just thought of seeking answers to these questions and so here i am jotting down what all comes to my mind when i think of "The First...."

1. The First Birthday
2. The First Class
3. The First Day at school
4. The First Punishment
5. The First ranker at school
6. The First time i did not come first!
7. The First party with friends.
8. The First Crush.
9. The First time i went camping.
10. The First class I bunked
11. The First farewell
12. The First touch from supposedly "The Guy!!!"
13. The First day at college
14. The First Night at the hostel
15. The First night out with friends
16. The First Date
17. The First sleepless night

18. The First time i rode a "BIKE"
19. The First Accident
20. The First smoke
21. The First time that i got drunk
22. The First time i went Clubbing
23. The First vacation with just friends
24. The First Kiss
25. The First Valentine day roses
26. The First heart break
27. The First day at work
28. The First Salary
29. The First Gift i bought with my salary
30. The First Resignation letter
31. The First day at the second time in college
32. The First attempt to recollect all the "Firsts....."


Gosh there is so much that i thought i had forgotten and to my surprise it took me jus 10 mins to jot all these down..... I must say all these First Times have been really special to me... most of these times have brought me a lot of excitement, a lot of joy but a few have brought me a lot of pain too.... But all these moments are something that i will carry with me throughout my life.

" The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time!!"

So before I close i just want to convey that even though each of these moments are really special to us and how ever hard we may try we cannot get the same excitement from similar things we do now.... but as they say "There's always a first time....." that cannot be replaced but at the same time you cannot blame the second for not being first. After all feel lucky that you are getting the second chance for the first time!! I would end quoting:
No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is a cool article. Made me go back in time...very well summed up!